About reflective practice
As you work through these materials, you will have the chance to analyse a number of critical incidents which have occurred in the sessions taught by your 'colleagues'.
Analysing these incidents will allow you to find out about:
- theories and principles of reflective practice
- applying different approaches to the analysis of critical incidents
- how to evaluate your own performance
- insights into learning theory and subject-specific methodology
- the need for continuous personal and professional development.
The analysis shows how critical incidents can be used as opportunities to improve teacher (and learner) performance through different methods of reflection.