- Ask open questions - those which begin with who, what, where, how and why.
- Listen actively and reflectively - show by your body language and non-verbal behaviour that you are interested in hearing more.
- Pick up and follow themes - show that you are interested in pursuing discussion topics raised by the other person.
- Self-disclosure - tell them something about yourself without hogging the conversation.
- Clear, relevant and brief communication - keep the comments brief and to the point.
- Watch the other person's non-verbal behaviour - match their body movements, style of language, and tone of voice.
print - back to scenario