The handbooks might include:
- details of the scheme, the objectives for the scheme, the nature of the staff to be involved
- the nature of staff involvement
- the role and responsibility of the organisation or its representative
- a model contract for mentors and mentees to sign and date
the training programme for mentors
- the suggested mentoring process - meeting timetable, programme for early meetings, advice on observation and feedback
- the monitoring and evaluation process.
Don't forget to also consider the action you would have to take to achieve each section. For example, all of the points above are going to require resource back-up and buy-in. How are you going to manage this aspect?
print - back to scenario